Celebrating Student Veterans

Celebrating Student Veterans

In honor of Veterans Day tomorrow, we'd like to celebrate Carsen Lohse-Johnson, a Veteran and Law Enforcement student at NHCC. Get to know him below!

What branch of service were you in and for how long? 

I was in the Marine Corps for 2 years before being medically discharged.

What was your role in the Marine Corps?

In the Marine Corps I was a 2141 AAV (Amphibious Assault Vehicle) Technician. I also helped train new marines in the MOS.

Did you enjoy your time and would you recommend it?

I did enjoy my time in the Marine Corps. I got to meet people from all around the U.S. who I am still friends with today and even met people from all around the world.

What program are you pursuing at NHCC? 

The academic program I am pursuing is Law Enforcement.

Why did you choose to enroll at NHCC?

I enrolled in NHCC because of their Law Enforcement program and its reputation for how good it is, while remaining close to home.

How has your NHCC experience been?

Being a student at NHCC has been a good overall experience I feel. I do not have really any dislikes of the program, but one of my likes is that after you receive your degree you can transfer very easily to Hennepin Tech to take Skills and Theory.

Have you utilized any of NHCC’s Military and Veterans resources? 

I have utilized some of the veteran benefits on campus, such as the military members lounge in the Campus Center.

What would you like to do following graduation?

After graduation, I need to attend Hennepin Tech for a Skills and Theory course but after all is done, I hope to join a police department near me to help my community.

Why is it important to you to give back and help the community?  

My community is where I live. It is where I grew up and it is filled with the people that helped me through life growing up and with my own struggles. Giving back to my country and community that gave me the opportunities to make a difference in my own life, by working hard and having the ability to do the same for others; willing to work for it while serving my community and the people within it is one big reason for me.

similar posts