STEM Spotlight, with Alain Njipwo

STEM Spotlight, with Alain Njipwo

Alain Njipwo, is a former NHCC student, who transferred to a four-year institution and went on to get his bachelor’s degree in engineering. Today he is pursuing his education even farther and will be attending graduate school in 2021. Alain is passionate about the STEM field and believes that with a little persistence, anyone can do it.

What made you want to enroll at NHCC?

Q&A With TRIO Alum Camila

Q&A With TRIO Alum Camila

Get to know a few of NHCC's past and present TRIO members. Introducing, Camila Mercado Michelli

To start off, could you tell us a little bit about your background?

I attended NHCC from 2011 to 2013. I was a first-generation college student, who originally transferred to NHCC from a school in Puerto Rico. After graduating from NHCC, I transferred to Metropolitan State University and received a bachelor’s degree in Professional Communications with a specialization in Public Relations.

How did your TRIO experience begin?

Q&A With TRIO Student Nataliya

Q&A With TRIO Student Nataliya

Get to know a few of NHCC's past and present TRIO members. Introducing, Nataliya McCoy!

I am originally from Ukraine and I am a mom of three teenage girls. I decided to go back to school, after being a housewife and raising my daughters for many years.

Why did you choose to get involved with TRIO?

Q&A With TRIO Alum Afeez

Q&A With TRIO Alum Afeez

Get to know a few of NHCC's past and present TRIO members. Introducing, Afeez Sodeinde!

I was born and grew up in Lagos, Nigeria. I moved to Minnesota in the summer of 2015 and started classes at North Hennepin in the fall. I chose to attend North Hennepin, because I thought a community college would be a good way to start higher education while I was still trying to get used to a new country.

From NHCC Student, to NHCC Social Worker

Alumna Julia Salinas Lands Dream Job at NHCC

What brought you to NHCC for college?

I graduated from Armstrong High School in 2008 and my plan was to attend a four-year university, but unfortunately at that time I could not afford it. Therefore, I looked into community colleges and chose NHCC because of its diversity, small campus and classroom size, and it was close to home.

How did NHCC prepare you for your career?